SMO (social media optimization) is the integrated element of any online marketing strategy. As the target audience in each trade has more than before options to choose the best source after easy comparison on different parameters, you need to put extra smart efforts on social media platforms for better audience engagement. Following tips will help you keep your social audience engaged and to influence their buying decisions.
- Selecting the social media platforms for SMO and SMM has been a big concern for the marketers. I always suggest that your business goals should direct the social media selection; here, your business goals should precede your immediate marketing concerns.
- You must know your target audience. Everyone is a potential client but everyone is not a buyer. The metric analysis like geographic location, gender, job, title, age etc will help you to know where and for whom you need to invest SMO efforts. For example, nearly 1.4 billion people have accounts with Facebook; Twitter has almost 284 million users; 400 million users have presence over Instagram etc.
- Maximum use of social media tools should be the standard practice for mobile SEO to glide you through 2016 . Buffer, Hootsuite and Sprout Social have been my favourite.
- Having a benchmark is a great tactic to keep your efforts on right track. You should not neglect the indication by numbers because numbers do not lie. Measuring the success rate helps you to make the necessary changes in the existing SMO plan.
- You should be consistent and respondent. You should maintain quality of shared content to keep the audience engaged. Your growth in social media indicates the quality of SMO.
- When we talk about social media content quality, many of my friends excuse for having limited space on social platform like Twitter or Instagram. You should not put the feet in same boot; you can simplify the task by categorising the content on the basis of current concern that may be pre-purchase, purchase or the post purchase.
- ‘Invest for others’ is the very effective trick to improve the SMO response. If you respond to others’ posts, you too will get the response like a reciprocal process. Create, share, acknowledge, contribute and relate should be the guiding factors to improve your audience engagement.